The Worship Program
Small Group Bible Study
Sabbath school starts at 9.50am. It's a time where we can discuss the teachings of the Bible and socialise with each other.
Sabbath school classes are divided into the following general age groups:
- Adults (ages 26+)
- Youth (ages 16 - 25)
- Teens (ages 10-15)
- Primary (ages 6-9)
- Kindergarten (ages 3-5)
- Beginners (for parents with infants 0-2 yrs)
Outlined below is a typical Sabbath school program for the adults -
- Song service
- Special Item - this can be a musical item or even a drama performance on an aspect or story in the Bible
- Mission Story - Every three months, the Seventh-day Adventist church focuses on a certain region of the world and on how church members can help people in that region. The needs and stories of these people are told.
- Offering - Adventists collect an offering in Sabbath school to support the mission project.
- Lesson Study - At this point everyone breaks into small groups to study the Bible. You can choose which group you want to attend. The duration of the lesson study is about 30-40 minutes. During this time, Adventists study the Bible using the Sabbath school lesson as a guide. The Sabbath school lesson is a Bible-study guide produced every three months by the worldwide church's Sabbath School Department. People are encouraged to study the lesson throughout the week and, during Sabbath school, discuss what it is teaching and have the opportunity to share how it has made an impact on them.